jaffas1

Is it acceptable to put in several property applications at the same time?

We are just looking at some properties, and have arranged viewings via email for when we get in on Thursday. There seem to be a few properties we like, but are unsure if it is good form to apply for more than one property at the same time.

If this is allowed, where do we stand if we are successful with more than one application? Are we allowed to turn them down without any hassle?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

You can apply for more than one at a time - just don't tell each agent that's what you're doing ;) Unless of course they're with the same agent...

Just be honest if you're offered more than one - tell them you've gone for a different place that better suited you (or was cheaper etc etc)

Good luck with it all!

Thanks for that, I feel better about it. Hopefully we'll find somewhere nice. We fly out on Tuesday and I can't wait to start looking.

We applied for more than one at the same time - mainly because we were in a rush and they seemed to want to take time checking our references etc.

We were offered all and the other agent was not impressed when we said no - but there was no come back.

The one you turn down will always be unimpressed, but tough - it's part of the job :) They understand that really I'm sure.

We got 2 offers out of 2 applications - the one we turned down was sad, but understood why we went for the other place (location suited us better)

Same here, think you need to make sure you get something, so put in as many as you want!

Thanks guys, will definitely apply for a few. Things do seem to move fast in the rental market here, we've had viewings booked in which have been cancelled already as other applications have been put in.

I guess going for more than one form is not at all harm or a problem, but yes if dealing with the dealer, this thing should not be revealed. The consequences can be different as the thing is that sometimes such things can be illegal, in the eyes of law.

How soon after you are offered a property do you need to confirm acceptance? Just wondering if one is putting in multiple applications, how do you coordinate it if agents come back at different times? Would probably be doing so and just wondered how you manage this....

We held off one acceptance for almost a week because we were hoping for another one - Jon used the good old 'I need to check with the missus' and she's away on business for a few days...'

And it's not bloody illegal so don't stress :)

We held off one acceptance for almost a week because we were hoping for another one - Jon used the good old 'I need to check with the missus' and she's away on business for a few days...'

And it's not bloody illegal so don't stress :)

Lol. That's a good one. Will have to try that.

@Ace, will do. X

Hehe, Jon is tall dark and handsome and it was a female agent... I'm pretty sure he could have strung random words together and she'd have agreed to anything...

lol ;)

Hehe, Jon is tall dark and handsome and it was a female agent... I'm pretty sure he could have strung random words together and she'd have agreed to anything...

lol ;)

Lol. Maybe I can borrow Jon for my "negotiations" ...? What's his fees? ;-)

Lol, he'd probably do it for a pint and a blokey chat full of man-bollocks at the moment :) He's missing his mates back in the UK - still loving it here though :)

Lol, he'd probably do it for a pint and a blokey chat full of man-bollocks at the moment :) He's missing his mates back in the UK - still loving it here though :)

Lol. Sorry, girlie here!

He works in Noble Park, but we have family in the Hills so know your area well. We're also looking to move to Ferntree Gully / Belgrave next year ....