mehere11

Suburb suggestions near Preston

Hi all!

My husband and I will be moving to Melbourne in August '17...so excited!!! His work is at Preston, which i understand is in the north of the city. As it will take me a few months to sort out my Aus registrations, we plan to live near my husband's work, atleast for the first few months anyway!

So Melbournites (is that a word though? :-D) please advise on suburbs near Preston...we are looking to rent one bedroom + one bath atleast (max of two bedrooms) within the $300-$350 range. Is this estimate of price adequate? Any suburb with good public transport (might not have a car initially), i want to say suburb with 'no crime' but lets say normally permissible levels of crime (i dont know what im saying anymore) and a multicultural presence of people.

How is the north of Melbourne generally speaking?

Our fortnightly income (net) would be around 4000 AUD...i wanted to know if we'd be able to cover basic costs of living (2 adults and 2 cats) plus buying minimum furniture and household appliances with this ?

Thankyou guys! Looking forward to your responses

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So Melbournites (is that a word though? :-D)

The correct term is "Melburnians" :D

please advise on suburbs near Preston...we are looking to rent one bedroom + one bath atleast (max of two bedrooms) within the $300-$350 range. Is this estimate of price adequate? Any suburb with good public transport (might not have a car initially), i want to say suburb with 'no crime' but lets say normally permissible levels of crime (i dont know what im saying anymore) and a multicultural presence of people.

How is the north of Melbourne generally speaking?

Our fortnightly income (net) would be around 4000 AUD...i wanted to know if we'd be able to cover basic costs of living (2 adults and 2 cats) plus buying minimum furniture and household appliances with this ?

Thankyou guys! Looking forward to your responses

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Try Coburg and Brunswick - they fit your criteria. That salary should be fine - plenty of people manage on less.

My daughter lives in Brunswick and her mil lives in Preston. They love it but I am not a fan. Old crappy property, units going up all over the place. Narrow streets in Brunswick. My daughter's street is so narrow cars cannot pass and wing mirrors disappear all the time. She was down last weeken minus the wing mirror once more. The house she rents has been nicely renovated however because of the age the movement in the soil, grass is growin up the hall ha ha. The front door is always being adjusted. A lot of the property is like that.