Libby

Lipton Drive area of Frankston... Good or not good... honesty PLEASE

Looking at houses in this area. What are the best state primary and secondary schools please? Is this a nice area? We're in Somerville just now and are not happy here so looking g around. Frankston South, Langwarrin and Mornington are too expensive for what we can afford. Don't want to have to do a full Reno again as we've already been through it and are fed up. Thanks :)

Sorry you are unhappy in Somerville, lived here for 30 plus years and love it. Depends where you are though. Lipton Drive, close to the rail, old area, lots of rentals, not close to shops is it.? If you are moving to Frankston, Frankston south is the best and of course for Frankston High School you need to live in the zone. Up the hill in Frankston is best. Langwarrin no transport so can be a bit isolated. I like Frankston but its a large area so to be close to things you need to live quite close in and it can be a bit rougher closer to the town. If that is what you are worried about. If you are moving because of behaviour problems I don't think you can get away from them anywhere these days. My children went to top Tyabb primary school and then across to Flinders college and that worked for me very well. Derinya is a nice primary school in Frankston but again you would have to live up Overport Road way to access.

Thanks Petals. I'm just sussing out other areas at the moment. We're keeping a look out for houses for sale still in Somerville but they're all too expensive for us so no point really. It's depressing feeling stuck and problems in the area we are just now are getting me down n making me lose sight of why we moved here. I'm not sure if it's the fact I'm terribly homesick and missing my old friends back home that's making it harder just now. When you're new to an area with no friends it makes it feel worse.

Sorry you are unhappy in Somerville, lived here for 30 plus years and love it. Depends where you are though. Lipton Drive, close to the rail, old area, lots of rentals, not close to shops is it.? If you are moving to Frankston, Frankston south is the best and of course for Frankston High School you need to live in the zone. Up the hill in Frankston is best. Langwarrin no transport so can be a bit isolated. I like Frankston but its a large area so to be close to things you need to live quite close in and it can be a bit rougher closer to the town. If that is what you are worried about. If you are moving because of behaviour problems I don't think you can get away from them anywhere these days. My children went to top Tyabb primary school and then across to Flinders college and that worked for me very well. Derinya is a nice primary school in Frankston but again you would have to live up Overport Road way to access.

I do feel for you, you are right its the people who make the difference. Also agree that Somerville is becoming too expensive for a lot of people, thanks to the developers who are buying up any property at a reasonable price and sticking a unit behind the house. If you can move a little further down I would look at Bittern. Balnarring is a lovely area as well but can be pricey. I am thinking of making friends and like mind people when giving you these areas. Also look at Tyabb a few Brits live in the area and the schools are good. Bit quieter as well. Still have the train.

Thanks for the advice Petals. I have noticed the prices in Somerville rising over the last few years in particular as we were starting to worry we wouldn't be able to afford our own place the way the house prices have been going so I suppose I should be thinking myself lucky that we actually own our own property now.

I like Bittern and we put offers on a few houses in both Tyabb and Bittern before we moved to Somerville but we missed out by a few thousand that put the houses we were looking at just out of budget. I have also been told there was a house a couple of streets from us that was quite run down but on a bigger plot of land that was sold a few years ago and they must have demolished the original house and built townhouses on the plot. Trying to keep that in mind at the moment as we do have room for units if a developer did decide to buy our place.

I did go for a walk this morning though. It is a lovely place here and although it is windy today, I could see all the way to the sea from the top of the hill at Bayvista.