Egg

Suburb advice

Hi, me and my partner have been living in Melbourne for the last year around the Essendon area. There is no way we could afford to buy in this area as it is very expensive, especially for what you get. My partner works in the city and I work construction so we are looking for somewhere within 45 mins of the cbd on the train but with good access to the freeways as I work all over the city. Places we have been looking at are Sunbury, reservoir, epping and Gladstone park/Tullamarine. We like the fact that Sunbury is a bit more rural but are worried about the commute if the Calder freeway gets clogged up during rush hour. We are also worried about the aircraft noise at Gladstone Park/Tullamarine. We are open to other ideas if anyone could give us some advice on these suburbs or similar ones which may suit. Thanks

My brother lives in a small town near Ballarat and he comes down to see us from time to time. He says that the Western highway, Calder and all those roads are getting busier and busier and its taking longer to commute. Look at the public transport site and follow the train lines out as one of you works in the CBD. This way the commute will be better. I live south on the bay and would not live anywhere else. as you are used to the area you live in you could look at Preston although its getting more expensive as people cannot afford Brunswick etc. Pascoe Vale. Coburg. Also if you want to go further out as you say Sunbury, Riddles Creek, Bacchus Marsh. North look at Bundoora or Mernda.

Thanks petals, that's what I was worried about regarding the Calder freeway, I think as nice as it would be to live in sunbury it would be impracticle long term. We were in Preston yesterday at the market, it's a very busy area and very expensive. Will definitely check out bundoora and mrnda. Thanks