fati123

Moving to Melbourne in 2016

Hi,

Im from Pakistan and moving to Melbourne in May 2016 on PR visa. Im not the first candidate, but going alone with my daughter (4.5). I constantly have fears and just can't stop thinking wht will happen there. if I dont find a job, if I cant study well.

I want to ask everyone out there if this is normal. And how can I seek help in Melbourne. I am a teacher trainer and teacher by profession. with 9 years of experience, but from most sources I got to know that my experience may not count in Melbourne and I would need to study.

I am open to advises , suggestions as right now I trembling with fear. Just seems so difficult. So please help.

Thanks

I think your biggest challenge is who is going to care for your daughter while you are at work. There are plenty of people from Pakistan here, and from most other countries, and people seem to manage OK with day to day life.

BB

Hi fati123

There are lots of groups on Facebook that may be able to provide you with some support and advice? Try looking up Pakistanis in Melbourne etc. That said, Melbourne is a big multicultural city with plenty of opportunities for those who are willing to work :)

Best of luck!

Cheers

Hi fati123,

Your anxiety is totally normal! Relocating can be stressful but perhaps focus on the excitement of you and your daughters adventure!

Having worked in the relocation services industry for quite sometime, I would recommend you focus on accommodation and enrolling your daughter in school. Once this has been ticked off your list, you will be amazed at the new community you will be opened up to via the school families. If you need any assistance, visit our website - http://www.expatassist.com.au We have lots of relocation tips on our blog and can help you if required. Best of luck with the move!