grapnel81

Advice on short and long term rentals

Hello,

I am planning to arrive in Melbourne in a few months time with my family. We're planning to stay in some short term rental accommodation while we look for long term accommodation.

Can anyone recommend any cheap short term accommodation? I'm thinking any kind of apartment or caravan park with cabins etc. We need at least one separate bedroom. I don't have any preference on areas as I don't really know Melbourne, but not in the CBD and not somewhere dodgy with crime. Just somewhere to stay while we sort out long term accommodation.

Also, can anyone recommend any suburbs to look in for long term rentals? Again, I don't have any preference on areas at this stage, just as cheap as possible ($300-350/w 3 bed) and safe (low crime). Schools are not important at this stage. Good access to public transport would be useful. I've been looking at houses around Point Cook and Altona, but I'm open to any (cheap, low crime) suggestion.

Many thanks,

grapnel.

Hi, short-term accommodation can be quite hard to get. Big4 Caravan parks may be able to help.

We have a studio apartment you are welcome to investigate but you will probably need something bigger.

http://www.lifeinvictoria.com/forum/accommodation-available/2700-self-contained-studio-apartment-near-beach-south-east-melbourne.html

BB

Hi, short-term accommodation can be quite hard to get. Big4 Caravan parks may be able to help.

We have a studio apartment you are welcome to investigate but you will probably need something bigger.

http://www.lifeinvictoria.com/forum/accommodation-available/2700-self-contained-studio-apartment-near-beach-south-east-melbourne.html

BB

Hi Buzzy--Bee,

Thanks for replying. Yes we'd need a separate bedroom. I'll have a look at some Big4s.

Many thanks,

grapnel

We would recommend searching Air BnB for a short term rental. If you are looking to move to the west you could find one around Kensington, Flemington or Moonee Ponds. These are safe areas still close-ish to the city so you can explore a bit before you settle in to Point Cook or Altona. For long term we think Point Cook and Altona a great budget friendly options in Melbourne for families. Without knowing much about your requirements some other potential budget friendly suburbs with good public transport could be Lilydale, Edithvale or Reservoir but in these suburbs your budget is more likely to get you an older unrenovated house.

Hope this helps!

On ‎5‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:15 AM, Buzzy--Bee said:

BB

Hello

My daughter and her friend who both have jobs (Alfred hospital ) have recently relocated from perth. They are having a lot of difficulty getting any accommodation to rent close to the hospital. Does anyone have any ideas. They can pay up to $500 per week.

Thanks

Debbie