Dreamsofoz

Rosebud, Mornington....? Love where you live? Tell me more!

Hi, totally new and just researching via the Internet at the mo....but reading lots of good things regarding Rosebud, Mornington areas....basically looking for a coastal, family friendly place with amenties, leisure facilities, park areas, beach, good state schools....anyone have anything they can advise regarding areas or love where they live!

Both places are nice, and have plenty of open spaces and amenities/leisure facilities. Mornington, being much further up the Peninsula, is of course much closer to the city and industrial areas, and is much closer to the train line which begins at Frankston, and that may decide where you would live depending on where you would be working. If I was choosing, I would go for Mornington. I am not sure about schooling, as my children have long left home, so hopefully someone else can advise you on that.

Thanks for the reply Celt Down Under x

My husband is a plumber, we have our own business here....guessing he will need to be employed by a firm in Oz....?

Do you know much about the plumbing situation on the peninsula....? As in demand etc?

B x

Once he has his licences, there is nothing stopping him working for himself. I think that he will have to undergo some training to meet Australian regulations before he can work as a registered plumber. I do not know what the job situation for plumbers is around these parts. You can look on some of the Australian job sites to see how many vacancies there are to give you an idea. x

We moved to Mornington Oct 2012 with 2 young girls. Both in state primary school and love it. Don't think we could have chosen a better place to move (for us)