TaraC

Moving to Melbourne from Perth

Hello everyone,

I was wanting a bit of advice on moving to Melbourne from Perth. I am 25 and looking for a change. I am originally from Sussex UK and moved to Perth almost 7 years ago with my family.

I like it here but it just isn't for me. I have visited Melbourne a few times and just loved the city from the start. I have a close friend in Melbourne who I can stay with for a couple of weeks until I get myself on my feet, and I am pretty confident I have a job lined up. I will be arriving in the next 6-8 weeks.

A few things really that I wanted to know;

Do I need a car in Melbourne or will the public transport be ok if I am working in the city and living not too far from it?

Does anyone know of any meet up groups for people my age so that I can meet some new faces?

Anyone have any advice on life in Melbourne?

Will I struggle finding somewhere to live? I plan on a house share/renting a room rather than taking out a lease on my own to start with

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I am so excited but a little nervous as I will be making the move alone. I do have one friend in Melbourne but that is the only person I know so want to get on my feet as soon as I can.

Thanks all :cute:

Tara

I think you will love it, should not have any difficulty finding a flat share. Just google flat share there are several sites that deal with them. My daughter lives in Brunswick and uses public transport and shanks pony all the time to get around. Quicker than taking a car. She has a car which sits in the street where she lives most of the time.

As you already have somewhere to stay I am sure you will find your feet in no time.

Anyone in Melbourne who has moved from Perth?

We are moving to Melbourne in the next few months and would like to know what are the best areas like the atmosphere of our Subiaco or South Perth areas.

Been looking at Hampton and now hubby likes Mount Eliza... what do you guys think?

Melbourne is so far more better than Perth is every aspects.And I think Melbourne is one of the best city around the world specially if you have a family it's the best place for live together.

Hey

I am also an outsider. I moved to Australia a year back and really enjoy the place. People are really good and so the ambiance. Wanna know more about the city? Check out my article - Life in Melbourne. Melbourne is a great place to start a new life.