Missy

State Sponsorship processing times

Hi I applied for state sponsorship with Victoria last Thursday and would also be interested in the time it generally takes to come through. It says up to twelve weeks but hoping it's quicker.

Hi,

We applied for state sponsorship early last year, the nomination from Victoria only took a couple of days and then we applied for our visa, again we were selected to apply within a few days. The process of getting our visa took about 4 months with a major delay for our medicals to be assessed the paperwork seemed to get lost in the system, we had to use paper reports rather than online due to issues out of our control. I have heard other people get the 190 visa a lot quicker.

Good luck,

Stu.

Edited by SLC 2 Vic

I've been looking on another forum and it seems to be around 3 weeks processing time for Vic at the moment, have you heard anything yet?

Hi there,

I'm still waiting for my skills assessment so I haven't actually applied for state sponsorship yet. Good luck with everything, hope you hear back soon.

Applied 27 Feb - eager to find out when you guys get your invites. I really hope mine comes soon - gave up waiting for invite for my 189 so that is why I've applied for 190 - I really should have done it sooner.

I'll let you know when I hear anything as put mine in a week before you did. What's your occupation? I'm an occupational therapist.

I'll let you know when I hear anything as put mine in a week before you did. What's your occupation? I'm an occupational therapist.

Hi,

I've applied as an application developer (261312)

We just got ours through in about 3 1/2 weeks. Come through a lot faster than we expected! Good luck all! :-)

@five2victoria thank you ;). What date did you get your invite?

We submitted the state nomination on 14th feb. We provided additional info the following week (ie why Victoria and not the state my bro lives in).

The State Nomination came through on 12th march (last Wednesday). The invitation came through the same day!

This good news has got me thinking that I may hear something in the coming week, I applied on 20th Feb so three and a half weeks already. The waiting is a killer isn't it! Suppose it'll be the same once the visa application is submitted too (if I get the nomination of course). ?

Edited by misstatt

Received my state nomination for 190 yesterday so that took 3 wks and 5 days. Submitted visa application last night and emptied the bank account at the same time ?

We submitted the state nomination on 14th feb. We provided additional info the following week (ie why Victoria and not the state my bro lives in).

The State Nomination came through on 12th march (last Wednesday). The invitation came through the same day!

@five2victoria - what was your occupation & code you applied with?

Received my state nomination for 190 yesterday so that took 3 wks and 5 days. Submitted visa application last night and emptied the bank account at the same time 

Congrats!!! It'll be 3 weeks for me tomorrow so really hope I get an invite and if so, that it comes through soon, but as I applied with occupation Application Developer (261312), it may come later.

Congrats!!! It'll be 3 weeks for me tomorrow so really hope I get an invite and if so, that it comes through soon, but as I applied with occupation Application Developer (261312), it may come later.

Hope you hear soon too, good luck!

@five2victoria - what was your occupation & code you applied with?

I applied as a Physicist. Quite an unusual one, so I expected a slow response. It looks like 3 - 4 weeks is fairly typical timescales at the moment, much better that the 12 weeks quoted!

We aren't applying for the visa just yet. Going to submit the visa application in April.

Fingers crossed you get some good news in the next few days.

This might not help you sleep, but watch out for emails at 2AM! Ours came at 1:50 AM, so was a pleasant surprise when I woke up. :-)

Fingers crossed you get some good news in the next few days.

This might not help you sleep, but watch out for emails at 2AM! Ours came at 1:50 AM, so was a pleasant surprise when I woke up. :-)

@five2victoria: Great, thanks. I've been waiting 3-4 months already for an invite (for 189 that is), so couple extra days wont hurt - I just hope I get it though. Luckily public holidays this side along with some time off, so hopefully that will help pass the time quicker.

Friends I have applied for VIC SS under Software Tester on 11 June. Will I be considered under 2013 CSOL or do I need to wait for July when CSOL for 2014 will be released?

Hi,

Can anyone suggest the time required currently for state sponsorship in Victoria? It was mentioned in the mail that processing time may take up to 12 weeks. I have applied on 2nd June'14 as ICT Business Analyst and already 12 weeks passed.Very tensed for this :unsure:. Should I knock them through the email address?

Thanks in advance for your suggestion.

Regards,

Zabeen

Thanks Kevsan! I have heard from other sources that they have a huge pipeline in Business Analyst role.

Would be helpful to hear more from others...

Thanks Kevsan! I have heard from other sources that they have a huge pipeline in Business Analyst role.

Would be helpful to hear more from others...

Hi,

I mailed them back last wednesday for the delay (as 12 weeks already passed) and got the below reply today. Need your help to clarify, whether this is a common feedback or is there anything to be worried of?

'The Victorian Government is currently finalising procedures in obtaining industry feedback for the occupation of 261111 ICT Business Analyst and unfortunately this has meant a delay in providing you with the outcome of the nomination application.

We apologise for this delay and will have a decision for you as soon as possible'

-----------------------

Visa: 190

ACS Submitted : 27-Mar-14

ACS Assessment Received : 16-May-14

IELTS : 7.5

Victoria SS Submitted : 31-May-14

Victoria SS Ack : 02-Jun-14

Invitation Received :

We applied on 12 September for our state sponsorship so will see how long it takes. Maybe first week of October or so, but looks like the timescales can vary quite a bit. Wonder if that's to do with the volume of applications generally at certain times of year, or volume per occupation?