Jump to content

How do I claim Family Assistance? Is it like Child Benefit??? Help...

Recommended Posts

We thought we had done all the necessary stuff apart from dental insurance as we can't afford it just now but I have found out recently that although we are not entitled to apply for any kind of Centrelink assistance for 2 years (visa 176) I can apply for the equivalent of Child Benefit... How do I do this? Do you apply online or is it another long queue trying to keep my preschoolers quiet?


Also, I am a stay at home Mum since coming to Australia so I am worried about how to file a tax return. I don't make any money at all - just other half's income until the kids are a bit older. Do I still have to lodge some kind of tax return to state that I don't have any income therefore no tax paid? Thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now