richard_fry

Car insurance using UK NCD

Hi peeps,

Just trying to save myself a bit of legwork and phone calls...

Can anyone tell me whether Aus car insurance companies will take UK NCD into consideration when quoting? And if so, who?

I've got a letter from my UK insurer quoting 9yrs+ that I can email/post them, so would be good if it can be used.

Thanks in advance, Rich.

Hi peeps,

Just trying to save myself a bit of legwork and phone calls...

Can anyone tell me whether Aus car insurance companies will take UK NCD into consideration when quoting? And if so, who?

I've got a letter from my UK insurer quoting 9yrs+ that I can email/post them, so would be good if it can be used.

Thanks in advance, Rich.

Hi Rich, a lot of car insurers here will give you "rating 1 for life" based on your driving history. You just have to answer the questions on the application form. We were never asked for any evidence, even when we made a claim.

Incidentally the cheapest insurance we have found is bingle.com, and they don't work on a rating basis, you just insure year by year regardless of claim history. We have had 2 claims with them. They do not work on an "at-fault" basis though so even though one claim was not our fault it still cost us $500 :(

BB