Ace3

Car Insurance renewal

Wow, the car insurance renewal has come, and it has gone up by $100 and $180 for our cars. Does Australia work like the uk, I.e find a comparison and beat them down?

Can I ask who you are with and any thoughts? Am happy to shop around, certainly not paying the prices quoted!!!

thanks

Wow, the car insurance renewal has come, and it has gone up by $100 and $180 for our cars. Does Australia work like the uk, I.e find a comparison and beat them down?

Can I ask who you are with and any thoughts? Am happy to shop around, certainly not paying the prices quoted!!!

thanks

My Hubby works for one of the largest Insurers in Australia. Insurance over here is NOTHING like that of the UK (and we've both worked in Insurance for many years).

It doesn't surprise me that it has gone up (Hubby is actually a Vehicle Assessor and what he tells me, shocks me)!

However, you can use comparison site and I would definitely shop around, just like you would have done in the UK.

Regards, Claire

Shop around for quotes including the compare sites last year we stayed with the same company, exact same insurance policy but quite a lot lower premium than their original quote after doing so.

Tee

I stay with RACV as I was told many many years ago, its only as good as how easy they when we claim. Mind you we have been with them for ever and doubt that we would get it cheaper anywhere else.

I want my car to be insured by some reputed insurance company and i am working on it nowadays and hopefully may get some way for this.

It depends what your driver is really. If you want a cheaper quote and are comfortable dealing with any claims yourself, I'd get a range of prices from the internet (Coles, Aami, Allianz etc). If you prefer the peace of mind of having a broker help you deal with your claim and don't mind paying a bit more (not always the case) then I'd contact a local broker and ask them for a quote. They should have access to a range of Insurers to obtain quotes from but they will earn commission from the Insurer (between 10-15%) and most will also charge a separate broking / admin fee in addition to the commission they earn, which does tend to drive the price up.

I rang and negotiated the price right down, so am happy :smile:

We were with RACV until we (and coincidentally some friends a week later) had to claim. They were foul to us and our friends with both claims. Ours was minor. Theirs was major.

We changed to AAMI who have been fab in every respect.

We too had a shock premium increase recently and I rang and queried it and they knocked $50 off immediately. It pays to speak up and negotiate. No company wants to lose business these days.

I suspect AAMI may not be the cheapest but then cheap isn't always the best when you need them.

I would highly reccomend Youi for insurance. Great quotes and handle accidents really well. My wife got hit by a CFA truck while 6 months pregnant. One call to them and the next correspondents we had with them was a little candle in the mail saying they were sorry to hear about what happened. The car was fixed swiftly at the other persons cost and Youi arranged it all. Currently paying $500 for brand new Nissan Dualis valued at 30k . I'm happy with that!!!

I was with RACV for years and because of that I was eligible for heavy discounts. I'm still with them for House and Contents but the RACV could not beat Coles for vehicle insurance.

http://www.colesinsurance.com.au/

Cheers.

We were with RACV till we had to claim. They were crap. And what's more people we spoke to then told us story after story of their (or friends') awful experiences with RCV too. Never again. We use AAMI for car and GIO for house and both have been fab.

Well buddy it has the favorable for use because they have to protect the car for many incidents such as loss by theft and fire and many other purposes.In European countries mostly people have interested in that case,So what do you say about it dude????????:):)

Hmm, the above quoted post appears to be translation to English gone wrong.

'Dude'!! -- this is Victoria, not Texas.:smile:

Cheers mate.