Liked
      0 times

Moving to Melbourne

Hi Everyone

I'll apologise now as I'm sure you get this one all the time but I would like an up to the minute view. I'm sure things can change quick due to the amount of development in Victoria.

I would really appreciate some honest thoughts on nice suburbs if you can spare a few minutes. I will put as much detail as I can. Thought it would be easier not to provide ones we are looking at as the posts just turn into slating all the areas.

We are moving to Melbourne in November from the UK. Myself, wife and 2 boys 7 & 10. We are not city dwellers so will be looking anywhere from 20-60k outside CBD. Although I will work in CBD I am used to traveling 5-6 hours a day to work so anything less than that is a bonus.

Will rent for up to a year but will spend our first 10 days or so looking at different suburbs to settle in. We do t really want to move the kids around if we can help it.

We have a budget up to $600,000 but could push it to maybe $630,000 and the important factors are as follows:
      decent size 4 bed (pool preferred but not a deal breaker)
      established or upcoming area....potential for capital growth
      decent plot ideally 600-800m but would consider less
      safe neibourhood
      decent government schools (don't need to be the best)
      reasonable distance to train station for commute to CBD (this way we can get by with 1 car)
      good for dogs
      beach not essential
      good community atmospher for families

Sorry it's a long one. Many thanks and look forward to joining you all

all thoughts much appreciated.

Dan
      Last edited by Dtomo143; 25-09-2016 at 11:52 AM.

2. John Mason International Movers
      PSS International Movers
      Currently Mindarie, WA; Moving to VIC imminently
      Liked
      0 times
      We're also moving to Melbourne (hubby left last Sunday and is working in Collingwood, we're following on once we have broken lease on our rental in Perth) - have 4 kids aged 7, 9, 12 & 13 and we a similar wish list, so will follow this thread with interest :-)

Liked
      0 times
      I put the same post on pomsinoz and have a few replies on there if you take a look.

Good luck with your move👍

Quote Originally Posted by justyh View Post
      We're also moving to Melbourne (hubby left last Sunday and is working in Collingwood, we're following on once we have broken lease on our rental in Perth) - have 4 kids aged 7, 9, 12 & 13 and we a similar wish list, so will follow this thread with interest :-)

Currently Mindarie, WA; Moving to VIC imminently
      Liked
      0 times
      Thanks. Good luck with your move too ��

Liked
      0 times
      My cousin had moved last 5 months to Melbourne with his family.
      I heard he mentioned that he lease on rental in Perth.
      Last edited by skaxian; 05-10-2016 at 05:37 AM.

Liked
      1 times
      You might have some luck in the northern suburbs on that budget. South and south eastern suburbs within 30 to 40 minutes from the city, will probably be $800k or more
      --Bec's BeeHive: Beekeeping Supplies & Equipment Store based in Melbourne, Victoria---

•