Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Petals

Thread: Kitchen cabinet door - places to buy one

Liked
      9 times

Kitchen cabinet door - places to buy one

Hey,

I've taken out a large old oven and replacing with a much smaller one, hence got a space that I'm going to make into a new kitchen cabinet. I need to match the existing 30 yr old laminate beech finish of the other doors. Anyone got some good places for me to look? I've ruled out bespoke high end shops as they tend to just to whole kitchens and I just need one almost matching cabinet door.

Cheers!

Liked
      46 times
      sorry, no help, I am just interested in your reply's

although you could try Gumtree or e bay - what about freecycle? if you are a member you could try asking if anyone has what you need?

we will be taking out a fitted oven and a cook top and I am looking for somebody who can take the out the boxing in bit, replace coving and skirting etc making good.

Then I can get a super new oven and cook top, and a new range hood, sink and replace the formica work tops with some sort of stone.

So I am looking for a company who will only do bits and not a complete remodel as the cabinets are actually OK, solid wood, oak I think.

Doing this may leave us with a unit over, two large drawers or a single cupboard . . . .

Any ideas of where we even start looking for someone to do this sort of work??

Liked
      5 times
      Quote Originally Posted by kazze View Post
      sorry, no help, I am just interested in your reply's

although you could try Gumtree or e bay - what about freecycle? if you are a member you could try asking if anyone has what you need?

we will be taking out a fitted oven and a cook top and I am looking for somebody who can take the out the boxing in bit, replace coving and skirting etc making good.

Then I can get a super new oven and cook top, and a new range hood, sink and replace the formica work tops with some sort of stone.

So I am looking for a company who will only do bits and not a complete remodel as the cabinets are actually OK, solid wood, oak I think.

Doing this may leave us with a unit over, two large drawers or a single cupboard . . . .

Any ideas of where we even start looking for someone to do this sort of work??
      I can do all that for you.If you want to chat pm me.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
      Liked
      151 times
      Quote Originally Posted by anna333 View Post
      Hey,

I've taken out a large old oven and replacing with a much smaller one, hence got a space that I'm going to make into a new kitchen cabinet. I need to match the existing 30 yr old laminate beech finish of the other doors. Anyone got some good places for me to look? I've ruled out bespoke high end shops as they tend to just to whole kitchens and I just need one almost matching cabinet door.

Cheers!
      Hi Anna,

Maybe give one of the smaller kitchen cabinet companies a call to see what they can do :)

check out the yellow pages and see what you can find :)
      Jo (Aussie), Jon (a much put-upon english husband) and Satch (viscous labrador) moved to Melbourne in Oct/Nov 2011.
      Now we've been joined by the adorable Siena Rose - DOB 20/10/2012 and I'm trying to find her instruction manual ...

Liked
      9 times
      I've concluded that the kitchen is too old (30 yrs) to get a match in Bunnings or the like. All the more bespoke kitchen companies only do entire kitchen remodels. So unless you have a handy hubby like me (phew!) you will need to get in touch with a joiner / cabinet maker for the odd cabinet like I'm after. I've just need to purchase the matching board from a local merchant.

Thanks for the replies.

Liked
      675 times
      While we are on kitchens, anyone who buys a house and needs a new kitchen, often you can pick up a whole kitchen and appliances in the Trading Post. When people upgrade often the kitchen is fine just needs a bit of updating. I had a friend who did this got a new kitchen for her old house for a few grand.
      anna333 likes this.

Liked
      46 times
      Ah Trading post - thanks for that Petals

Good luck Anna, hope you find your matching laminate

Liked
      0 times
      Quote Originally Posted by anna333 View Post
      Hey,

Cheers!
      We got our kitchen cabinets from the RTA store, you may try them. Just visit their site, more than 90 finishes are available there, you will definitely find the desired one.
      Last edited by jannereeves; 05-07-2013 at 12:02 PM.

•